Site Meter

Monday, July 20, 2009

Ow

In retrospect, believing that the slight twinge in my hip which I felt when I started running this morning would get stretched out and disappear during the course of my run was a mistake.

I ran - slowly - for maybe a mile, maybe slightly less. And then the pain increased to the point where I had to stop and walk home.

The one bright point in the outing was that the field where I finally gave up and realised that I would have to stop running was covered in white butterflies ... truly beautiful.

When I got home, I took some ibuprofen, and had a go at weeding the vegetable patch. I suspect that the weeding may have been mistake number two.

Because when I tried to walk upstairs afterwards, I couldn't. The pain is in my right hip/bum and, though it feels fine as long as I don't put any weight on that side of my body, it's extremely painful as soon as I do. This is going to make tonight awkward, because Bobby and I are supposed to be taking the train to Croydon and meeting people at a restaurant to say goodbye to one of his colleagues who's going back to India. I really want to go, but I am really not sure I can walk to the station. I've taken more ibuprofen and am hoping that it will kick in shortly...

So annoying!

2 comments:

Maddy said...

Ouch that sounds very painful, you may have a pinched nerve in there. I hope you get to the dinner.

Rummfor5 said...

:( I hope the problem mended.