Site Meter

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

double ow

So we did end up going out last night, despite my messed up back.

We drove to the station - felt rather pathetic to drive, but I couldn't walk. Only problem was, there ended up being more walking than I'd counted on at the other end. I had taken a large dose of ibuprofen before we left so it wasn't as bad as it could have been, but it was still pretty unpleasant.

We ate at Mirch Masala - the choice of the Indian couple we were with. They seemed to feel that the food was pretty much what they would have got at home, so they were happy. They don't seem to be terribly adventurous when it comes to food - their main aim seems to be to find food as similar to what they have at home as possible. If I were them, I'd be eating at as many different places as I could! Anyhow, it was an enjoyable evening overall.

When I woke up today I felt like my back was a lot better - sadly, that turned out not to be true. It's really, really sore tonight. Sore enough that, now that I am in the bedroom, I'm not going to go downstairs again this evening. Stairs really hurt me at the moment, so the two floors between me and the living room are an impassable barrier right now. I am wondering whether I should go to see the doctor tomorrow, but I strongly suspect that she'll just tell me to take some ibuprofen and rest, so it might be a pointless trip...

In other news Steve put our new bookshelves together today; it was quite an undertaking for him. They look really good; can't wait to fill them up with books! Speaking of which, if by some miracle I wake up in the morning and am fine, we are going to go to the bookstores on Charing Cross Road, and maybe Camden market. Cross fingers...

The only downside to the new shelves is that the TV is stranded in the middle of the carpet, awaiting a cable extension so that it can be moved to the opposite corner of the room. We ignored the bookshelf boxes for four days till Steve caved in and assembled them; how long will we manage to ignore the beached-whale TV? However, aesthetics aside, I'm in no hurry to get it reconnected - with the TV in its current unwatchable state, Sophie can't indulge her addiction to ghastly reruns of 8 Simple Rules. Heh.

1 comment:

Andrea Q said...

I hope you feel better soon! And I love your love of books.