Site Meter

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Need a better plan...

Well, so much for that.

Bobby and I had planned to make sure that Sundays were free from college work and housework, so that we had a whole day to relax as a family. Didn't manage it this week, though... I worked pretty solidly today - 9.30 till 11.30 this morning, and then again from 1pm till 7. This on top of working yesterday afternoon from 1pm till 11pm. Ridiculous. That, plus the usual weekly chores, meant that there wasn't much time for relaxation this weekend.

It wasn't entirely gloom and doom - there was some enjoyment in the weekend, in amongst all the work.

Sophie had a sleepover here on Friday. Three little girls, lots of giggling.
I took Emily and Sophie shopping - undies and shoes.
Bobby and I went for a really nice run early this morning.
And the five of us went out to dinner tonight, at our usual Indian restaurant.

But I feel exhausted, rather than refreshed. Working this much on the weekend is not really do-able long-term. I am going to have to get through all my prep during the work week, otherwise I'm going to burn myself out.

And in any case, I won't be able to work much next weekend - it's the weekend that we take Steve up to uni! First chick to fly the nest... Quite a milestone.

No comments: