Site Meter

Monday, June 30, 2008

Yawn

I have banana bread baking in the oven, so I can't go to bed till it's done. Earlier this evening I made a milk tart to use up a couple of pints of milk that were about to go off, and then I got a bit carried away and decided to use up the over-ripe bananas while I was at it. The banana bread will only be ready at about 12.15 so I may regret this...

The picture below is from this evening's bike ride. The flowers in Priory Park are gorgeous at the moment.





And here's Bobby scrutinising a sundial in the park. He is looking worried because he couldn't quite figure out how it works.





Work is pretty laid-back at the moment; the students are on holiday so it's pretty much just meetings, inset, and getting to grips with the new syllabi. I'm starting to get excited about the courses I'll be teaching next year; looking forward to doing Sociology as well as Psychology. I have an awful lot to read, though, so that I'm up to speed in September. Ems will be visiting the college tomorrow; it's the Year 10 taster day so she'll be going to the Law, Philosophy and Photography sessions. Can't believe how quickly my babies are growing up...

3 comments:

madre-terra said...

I'll do things like that in the kitchen.
Sometimes I will get it in my head that I should start making potato latkes for dinner and we'll end up eating at 10 or so.
It's become a family joke...always takes longer than I think it will.
The bread will be yummy...(yawn).

Anonymous said...

The flowers in that garden are stunning.

I know what you mean about the kids growing up so fast, big sigh!

I bet you enjoyed that banana bread for breakfast!

Anonymous said...

the flower shot, stunning.
I love your England there. So charming and always intrigues me with the beautiful photos.

I classically bake too late :)
I just feel like starting culinary projects late in the day. . .
hannah