Site Meter

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Getting outdoors while we can...

Thursday evening found us picknicking on top of Reigate Hill.




It is becoming increasingly difficult, as they get older and busier and more independent, to get all three children in the same place at the same time; however, it seems that food is still a powerful motivator. It was good to collect everyone together, and we all enjoyed the evening.

Couldn't entice any of them out of bed this morning, however, so Bobby and I went on a long bike ride, just the two of us. I love the countryside round here...




However, 30 kilometres (or, less impressively, about 18.5 miles) later, I understood why such things as gel-filled saddles exist. Ouch.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have such a wonderful place to take the family for dinner. Such amazing views.

Unknown said...

It is great that you have such spot so close to home.

madre-terra said...

"less impressively 18.5 miles"...Give me a break. You crack me up.
I love the picture of the gravestones.
And just think...if you had chocolate involved the whole neighborhood would have joined you.

Lisa said...

I sympathize with the difficulty of getting them all in one place at once. It is a small victory when it occurs. As for 18.5 miles...I could perhaps make it but find myself tragically bed-bound the next day.

Anonymous said...

Incredible spot!
Such a lovely cemetery photo
Glad you gathered your kids.
The world does pull us all in different directions. Makes me sad to think about that happening to my little family!
hannah