Site Meter

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Choices...

I'm in the throes of planning a camping trip for next weekend, and trying to figure out which campsite to pick is making my head hurt. I am not very good at making choices; I tend to dither for ages. I've been looking for ages, and have come to the conclusion that I really I just need to pick one and be done with it. We plan to go to a little town in Wales called Hay-On-Wye. It's supposed to be extremely pretty, lots of outdoorsy stuff to do, and - best part - it's packed with second-hand book shops. We've been wanting to go there for ages, and since the weather is supposed to be nice next weekend, we decided to do it now. The two older kids are being awkward though. Steve claims he won't be able to get out of work (he is working Friday and Saturday nights at the moment, but I am pretty sure his employers would cope if he weren't there for one weekend) and Emily has a party that she wants to go to on the Saturday, so they are not remotely enthusiastic about going. Not sure whether to make them both come (hoping that they'll enjoy it in the end, but realising that they could sulk and make it miserable for all of us), or to let Stephen stay and force Em to come (on the grounds that he is 18 and reliable, but she is still only 15, and hence not old enough for a weekend without her parents) or to let them both stay home, and have Soph bring along a friend for company. Life was much less complicated before we had teenagers...

No comments: