Site Meter

Saturday, November 10, 2007

This past week, Emily had her hair cut, and I had one of my lessons observed.

I think an equal amount of mental energy went into each event. And both, fortunately, turned out well. Em's new hair cut (a sort of Victoria Beckhamish bob) looks very pretty and alarmingly sophisticated, and my lesson was (I think) successful. It all went smoothly, the students seemed to enjoy it, and I got a very positive email from the observer ... but the proper feedback session is on Monday at 10, so that's when I'll find out if there were any areas she wasn't happy with. She is rumoured to be an extremely harsh evaluator, so I'm slightly nervous.

Today has been all painting (21 days till Bobby's mum arrives, meaning 21 days till that damn loft has got to be completely finished), cleaning, and doing load after load of laundry. And Bobby has put a curry into the slowcooker. We have managed to use up pretty much all our perishable food this week; a while ago we organised ourselves so that we didn't keep doing that annoying thing where you buy loads of yummy looking produce and then have to toss a quarter of it away because it's gone all yellow and bendy in the back of the fridge. More groceries are being delivered tomorrow morning which is good, because I think we cut it a bit fine this week!





Not sure quite what we could make using a couple of tubs of fruit yoghurt, milk, 3 carrots, onions and a motley assortment of condiments...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to see a pic of her cut :)
And do share, when you have a free moment (next year?) the crockpot curry recipe. I think I can smell it from here!

I am positive you did a splendid lesson, and will hear much praise!

biz

madre-terra said...

OK I love the fridge and everything but I want to see a picture of Emily's haircut. OK?