Site Meter

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Eek.

The bird flu in Suffolk is the H5N1 strain.

The affected farm (free-range turkeys, apparently) is in Diss, about 20 miles from where my parents live.

We'll be in that area on Sunday, visiting my parents. We're going to pick up a bed that they no longer want, to put in our soon-to-be-completed loft. We'll have to make sure we don't get too intimate with any birds along the way.

The loft is starting to look pretty good. Bobs has been working like crazy. He and Soph are up there right now, laying floorboards. They took a box of Rose's chocolates up with them, to sweeten the experience. Less than three weeks now till my mum-in-law arrives, and it looks like we may actually have the loft sleepable-in by then!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of a loft, it sounds so romantic, can I come an stay? LOL!