Site Meter

Saturday, November 17, 2007

There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth here this morning, but Bobby's and my will prevailed and the kids were forced to Do Their Fair Share despite their usual protests (I didn't make the mess! I don't even care if the bathrooms are clean or not! Nobody else's parents make them clean!) so that, by this afternoon, we had achieved both a clean house and a loft with flooring!! It's quite exciting - the loft is starting to look like a proper room now, rather than a large space filled with woodworking tools.

Teenager Moment of the Day : Emily berating me for forcing her to clean when she should be spending her time revising for the exam she's writing on Thursday. It's odd, apparently the party she went to last night - the one that meant I had to brave the freezing cold to pick her up at 11pm - didn't cut into her revision time at all!

Lesson plans and ironing this afternoon, Life on Mars tonight (our current addiction, we've watched the first four episodes and are really enjoying it) and Beccles tomorrow, to spend the day with my folks.

And then it'll be Monday. I need a holiday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have just had Life on Mars here, and loved it. Where do they get those shirts from?

Anonymous said...

You're so mean, you mean thing.

Unknown said...

I am glad MY kids NEVER complain about cleaning our house...

Karen

madre-terra said...

Last night our 18 yr. daughter, Artie, calls us at 12:30 pm whining that our cat was hurling on her clothes. My husband, with great restraint, did not tell her that she should pick her clothes up off the floor. What a saint.

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to keep up with your adventures...she sounds like a typical teenager to me!