Site Meter

Monday, October 29, 2007

We spent yesterday at the British Museum, visiting, among other things, the Terracotta Warrior exhibit.

Sophie took a friend along, and the two of them had an immense amount of fun (far more than I would have predicted) working their way through some of the Egyptian galleries with one of the free kids' activity backpacks. The kids' packs are, as I said, totally free - but you have to work a bit to get hold of them, as they museum hides the distribution location and doesn't (aside from one small notice) publicise them. I am really going to miss having young, enthusiastic children - what will my excuse be for doing all of these trails once they've all reached their teen years?

So that marked the end of the half-term break. Work today, and the start of my new role. I have butterflies in my stomach.

1 comment:

madre-terra said...

I'm envious. I've always wanted to see the Terracotta Warriors. I bet it was fabulous.