Site Meter

Saturday, October 27, 2007

The MRI was thoroughly unpleasant.

It was claustrophobic and hot and bangy and stressful. And they were running late, so we had to wait a full 2.5 hours, which meant that the evening was a complete washout as far as spending time with my folks was concerned, since we only got home at 10pm.

The only plus was that they didn't make me change into one of those stupid gowns that don't do up properly; I got to stay in my own clothes.

And it'll be a couple of weeks before I get the results, apparently.

Kew Gardens, on the other hand, was absolutely lovely.





I found it so much more beautiful than I'd expected. It was foggy and damp, but somehow that made the sculptures seem even more impressive.





It was a really nice day out; the girls and my parents all enjoyed it. I just wish Bobby and Stephen had been there too. I plan to go back and see the sculptures again before the exhibition closes.

The rest of the pictures are here.

3 comments:

Jo said...

are you nervous at all? waiting for resuls sucks :(

((((hugs)))

i remember going to Kew gardens, they were cool! we were there on a REALLY hot day though.

enjoy the rest of the visit with your folks. did you hang your picture from your grandparents yet?

madre-terra said...

Glad to hear that the MRI is done.
Love the pictures of the Henry Moore sculptures. There is a sculpture park here in NY called StormKing. Just love all that really big art.

Annalise said...

Jo, yes, I am a bit nervous...trying not to be, though...

The picture will be shipped when the container is ready ... it'll be a few months before it gets here I think.

m-t, thanks for the thoughts re the MRI, I thought of you when I was in there...