Site Meter

Thursday, October 25, 2007





Old friends, muddy walks, a beautiful country house, croquet on the lawn and tennis amidst the sheep ... we had a lovely couple of days in Devon at the start of this week. It was comforting to spend time with people who share our history. But it was also strange, to see the unpredictable twists and turns our lives have taken over the past couple of decades. Bobby has a nice selection of the pictures up at his blog.

Less lovely is the stress I'm feeling right now as I try to sort out my lessons for the next week, while making sure that the kids have a good half-term, and also spending some time with my parents. There's just too much to do and too little time to do it in. I have a lesson observation thrown into the mix as well; an external assessor is coming into one of my lessons on Tuesday.

This morning I'm taking Sophie and the friend who slept over here last night swimming in Guildford. A friend of mine is coming along too; we can chat while the kids splash. Then it's home, unpack the groceries (which should arrive at midday) before my parents arrive at 12.30. They're spending today and tomorrow with us. Kew Gardens tomorrow, if the weather co-operates! I'm looking forward to it. Though clearly I won't be able to get any work done. So Saturday and Sunday I'll have to work flat-out in order to be ready for Monday. Oh, and I almost forgot (probably a defence mechanism) - I'm having that MRI tonight at 6.40. Weird timing... Convenient if this was a work week, though...

2 comments:

Leigh Russell said...

Welcome to England. Sorry about your grandmother. But it sounds like you're seeing some lovely places - Devon, Kew Gardens. I was enjoying reading your blog until you mentioned lesson plans! (aaagh!) and observations (aaagh! aaagh!) Brave of you to go for the new job. I hope you enjoy it all.

madre-terra said...

A big warm hug for you to hold while doing your MRI. Let us all know how it goes.
I went into the room when my husband had one and it was noisy, noisy, noisy.