Site Meter

Friday, September 14, 2007

I am so happy that the weekend is here.

This week has been non-stop busy at work, and I'm completely and utterly exhausted. It's been good though, so no regrets about taking the teaching on - but it's a lot more work.

And of course all the other complications of life still have to be dealt with as well.

Last night, for instance, I had an appointment with a consultant neurologist, as I still (2.5 months later) have all my original yucky symptoms of dizziness and pins and needles and what have you. It was a bit odd; the appointmnt I was given was for 7.30 at night. Convenient, but strange - makes one wonder what they guy's day job is. Anyway, Bobby and I arrived at the hospital - one we'd never been to before - and entered by the wrong door, so that we wandered into the wrong bit entirely. After a rather eerie interlude of stumbling along darkened, deserted corridors, we came across a cleaner, who, once she'd got over her surprise at finding us there, was able to point us in the right direction.

The consultant - once we'd found him - was very nice. He's ordered more blood tests (I have to do those on Monday, yuck) and a non-urgent MRI which will happen sometime in the next few weeks. But he thinks I most probably had some kind of virus which has left me with minor inflammation in some or other area of the brain (he may have said the pons). Apparently that would account for the dizziness and all the other neurological symptoms. The MRI will let him know whether or not his theory is correct. So that was quite reassuring.

I'm so happy that I don't have to go anywhere or do anything this evening. In about ten minutes I'm going to cook a really nice supper, open a bottle of wine, and enjoy a totally relaxing evening.

3 comments:

Jo said...

cheers! here's to the weekend, hope you have a really relaxing one.

Anonymous said...

oh I hear you on welcoming the weekend.
I plan to have a quiet weekend.
( I accidentally typed *G*eekend. heh. I will probably do some of that as well ;) this weekend)

I'm concerned for your on going symptoms :( you seem rather calm and that is wise. May this weekend rejuvinate you, and find you feeling much better by Monday.
hannah

Lisa said...

Glad you are getting closer to an answer to the weird symptoms.