Site Meter

Wednesday, May 09, 2007





There's just not enough hours in the day. Or maybe it is just that, since my term-time days are taken up by work, I need to figure out a way to make better use of my week-day evenings. As it is, all too often I fall asleep on the sofa as soon as the family turmoil has subsided. We've been climbing one night a week for the past five weeks, and that's working really well, but I'd like it if there were another couple of evenings every week where I did something constructive (and fun) once the kids were in bed. Anyone have any ideas as to what I should schedule?

3 comments:

madre-terra said...

One night a week I take a weaving class. I love it!
And one night a week Michael and I take a ballroom dancing class.
Every once in a while we try and do family projects together. Just a couple of weeks ago we made sock creatures. Michael had bought a book called "Stupid Sock Creatures". It has instructions in it for a bunch of different creatures that you can make.
I know that I get into a rut of watching TV far too many evenings.
It's not like that when we are on Lopez. Most nights we are outside with a fire.
Would love to hear what you come up with.

Annalise said...

That all sounds great. Thanks for sharing it ... I love the thought of doing something creative like weaving, and the family sock creatures sound like so much fun!

Being outside with a fire ... sounds wonderful. Almost makes me want to move again, to somewhere less urban (and less rainy)...

Anonymous said...

Oooh la la wink wink ... I have no idea what you could do that is fun once the children are all tucked up in bed.