Site Meter

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Scenes from the weekend ...

On Saturday, we left home at 6.30 and drove to beautiful Symonds Yat, where we took Bobby's nephew and niece climbing. First time for them, and they were great. Initially scared, but the subsequent adrenaline rush made up for it.





This was the view from the top of the pinnacle that we all climbed.





Then on to Tintern Abbey ...





... Chepstow Castle ...





... and Stonehenge.





Saturday took us to Brighton's pier





where the girls bounced, Stephen won 10p coins and we slid down the helter-skelter.





Then we went shopping in the lanes and had coffee on the grass outside the Royal Pavilion ....





... before taking the train home.

Yesterday was a Bank Holiday, and, not surprisingly, we spent the afternoon napping.

Work today ... wish every weekend could be as much fun as this last one.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool. Now I have to find a way to get over there, because I'm dying to slide down the Helter Skelter. ;-)

MF said...

Photo number 3 is an album cover :)

Anonymous said...

those were gorgeous photos.
made me itchy to travel. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend!
Your photography is SO very good... Wow just WOW!

biz

madre-terra said...

I wish weekends were as adventuresome as yours!
I want to go to Brighton and do some sliding.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I thought the same thing about photo 3. Are they starting their own band ala the Partridge family? ;-)

So if I come for a visit will you bring me to all those cool places??

Annalise said...

Certainly I will take any visitors to all those cool places, and more. :-)

Adria said...

Beautiful photos.

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic weekend. I think that helter-skelter is amazing and just to be able to pop in to Stonehenge .... amazing.