Site Meter

Sunday, September 04, 2005

My heart sank slightly this morning when I counted the number of people in the Unitarian meeting, and realised that there were (including the minister, but excluding us) only twenty people there, with an average age of about 104.

But ... I liked the minister (she reminded me of our old minister in Orlando), the service wasn't bad even if their hymns seem a bit dreary (they did a service similar to our water service, where people bring water from their travels over the summer), the people were very friendly at coffee hour afterwards, and we met a couple (practically the only people there around our age) who seem very nice, have two girls similar in age to ours, and live quite near us. So ... I think it will be worth going back.

I really want to find some routine and rhythm for our new life here; maybe this will be a start.

No comments: