Site Meter

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Curses. Our double-income-no-kids neighbours have just bought themselves a new, shiny, silver, Audi convertible. They used to take their old car to work every day, but they seem to feel that this new one is too valuable to actually ever drive, so they leave it parked in the bay which I used to use to turn in. This means that in order to get our car out, I now have to back it all the way down the driveway, past the butcher's shop, and out into the midst of the traffic. I see dents in our future.

I'm walking as much as possible at the moment anyway, though. I really enjoy the walk down to the kids' schools, and I'm sure the exercise - just over a mile each way - is doing me good. I discovered a new route back home today. Instead of walking along the road, one can use an almost-completely-hidden public footpath which runs between some fields and the backs of some houses before it leads into the forested part of the park. From there, it's just a few minutes to our street. The new route makes for a very green, tranquil, walk. The only downside is that the first bit of the footpath is quite nettle-y so Sophie, in her school uniform, has to walk carefully in order to avoid getting her bare legs stung. Public footpaths are one of the things that I like about living here - I think it is very cool that walkers are able to travel through privately owned land.

In other news, I'm applying for a teacher's assistant post. The application packet should arrive the day after tomorrow. Not sure if I actually want the job, mind you ...

No comments: