Site Meter

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Losing the plot?

Last week I plumbed new depths of disorganisation.

I needed to pick up a gift for someone before work, so I drove in (normally I walk), parked in the Morrison's car park (local grocery store) and walked down the high street to M&S. Bought a gift, and a gift bag, and a card - and walked back down the high street to college, forgetting all about the car. The next I thought of it was at 5 that evening, as I wandered around the college car park wondering where on earth I'd parked it. Finally a dim memory of walking down the high street worked its way up into my consciousness, and I realised what I'd done. I'm such an idiot; that fit of absent-mindedness is probably going to cost me £70, as there's a camera in the parking lot which counts you in and out, and the max parking time allowed is 2 hours. So I flinch every time I hear the post arrive. Ugh.

I do worry about my memory; I seem to forget everything unless I write it down. And even then, sometimes I forget. I used to be so good at keeping track of things - not anymore! I guess it's partly due to the fact that I have a lot more to keep track of these days. That, and old age - I'll be 40 in a month...

We're going to start thinking about Christmas this weekend; ideally I'd like to organise it all by the end of the month but I'm not sure we'll manage. College runs till the 18th, we're celebrating my birthday on the 19th, and we're off to Cornwall on the 20th, so, one way and another, it all has to be done before the end of term.

I love this time of year, busy though it is. I bought a beautiful advent calendar on the way home from work today - a pretty one, not a chocky one - can't wait to start opening the windows!

No comments: