Site Meter

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Every cloud...

I had decided that this would be the week where I got stuck into preparing for next term and got all my schemes of work and so forth orgnanised.

Only, on Sunday, Emily somehow tipped my glass desk top onto the floor, where it shattered into a million tiny pieces.

I tell you, having a sheet of glass destroyed next to you is quite a way to wake up from a peaceful Sunday afternoon nap! Emily had been using my laptop at my desk, while I read on the bed ... until reading accidentally turned into sleeping...

Amazingly, she was completely unscathed. Gave me a hell of a fright, though.

It's a bit of a nuisance, as it means I don't have anywhere to work at the moment. But on the plus side, if I don't have anywhere to work, then I can ignore the work with a completely clear conscience. So yesterday and today have been baking, gardening, relaxing with the kids days. Tomorrow I'll be taking Sophie and a couple of her friends to swim at the Guildford Spectrum, so no working then either. Heh.

I will have to get started thereafter, though. Bobby's mum and sister arrive on the 15th, and will be here till the beginning of September - which is when I go back to work. Obviously I can't work while they're here, so I must get my lesson planning out of the way before they arrive. Guess I'll start on Thursday ... or Friday ... or maybe it would be better to start on Monday. Fresh week and all that. We'll see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yowza! Glad no one was hurt. Enjoy your company - and the rest of your summer, I can't believe how fast it has slipped by!

eli

zunzun said...

Scary to think she could have been cut..glad to know she's fine. I agree...no desk surface equals postponement of work ;)

Rummfor5 said...

Yikes! That must have been quite the mess to contend with after the fright. Glad your girl was not injured.
I'm curious about the pace of life there-- I read so much about London being insanely fast paced and a rush rush place. I know you don't live in London Proper, but what have you discovered about the pace of life there and in your area?