Site Meter

Friday, August 14, 2009

How clean is my house?

Bobby's mum and sister arrive tomorrow, so I'm cleaning furiously.

Well, technically, I'm sitting at my desk drinking coffee.

But, I have been cleaning...

So far I have washed the car, vacuumed it, wrenched the covers off sluggy Sophie and put them in the washing machine (she protested briefly, but is currently still curled up like a tiny cute pink hibernating baby mouse in her now-unmade bed), and made some headway in Bobby's nasty workshop.

I still need to mop all the floors, clean the carpets in Sophie and Stephen's room, and do all the bathrooms. I also plan to do some baking.

I like cleaning before guests arrive, it makes the whole thing seem as though there is some point to it.

I am cleaning with particular vigour because I watched How Clean is Your House last night (I worry about myself, I am starting to enjoy the most shameful TV shows) and the horrible dirty man in the nasty insect-infested house had the same lampshade we do! Aargh! We have the same taste in soft furnishings! (Ikea, obvs). So I'm not that different from him; there but for my Dyson and my bottle of bleach go I!

Right. It's 10 past 10, I'm going to see how much I can get done before it's time to fetch Emily from her sleepover...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hehe, have fun cleaning!
Somehow it feels better to clean for company than just for the heck of it.

Although it's more stressful too.

Karen