Site Meter

Thursday, February 12, 2009

10 things

  1. I had my PGCE contact session last night. It was pretty much a waste of time. Also, the room was cold. High point: the cherry tic-tacs I used to reward myself for getting through each half-hour. Low point - when the instructor's voice went all emotional and shaky when she was telling us about one of her formative (and, to be honest, not terribly dramatic) teaching experiences.

  2. I was very productive at work today.

  3. This weekend, while shopping with the girls, I caved in and bought the pair of red high heels that I've been eyeing for lo these many months. They are completely impractical, but since they were reduced to almost free (benefit of having small feet) I now own them.

  4. I have also bought a new pair of trainers. Again, having small feet comes in handy - I could choose from the childrens' range (indeed, I had to, since the local sports shop didn't have any adult size 3s), so they cost half what they would have if my feet had been one size bigger.

  5. I shall wear the trainers tomorrow morning when I do Day 3 of Week 3 of the Couch to 5k programme.

  6. And the red high heels are for Saturday night.

  7. We're celebrating Bobby's birthday on Saturday because he'll be in India on the real day. We're going to Thorpe Park as a family, and then he and I are going out to dinner at the Ghurka Kitchen.

  8. This coming week is half-term. Thank goodness. I'm very tired.

  9. It's not going to be a long enough break. I have an insane amount of marking and preparation to get through. And I would also like to do some fun stuff with the family...

  10. Also, my parents are coming to stay for a couple of days mid-week; I'm looking forward to seeing them, and hoping to have got through a lot by the time they arrive...Not sure how successful I'll have been...

1 comment:

zunzun said...

Hope he had a good b-day and you were able to get at least half done ;0!