Site Meter

Friday, July 18, 2008

Oh the irony

I was almost knocked off my bicycle this morning by a recycling truck. It wasn't all that close a call really, but it gave me a fright - those things are big! I did enjoy the ride, though. I cycled 15 miles today; have got so much fitter since I started cycling regularly. It is a good feeling.

Three days into the summer holidays, and the house is approaching cleanliness. I tackled the girls' cesspit bathroom this afternoon. Honestly, it was foul in there - I don't know how they could bear to let it get into such a state. I will be policing them over the next few days; it would be nice if they could get into the habit of keeping it hygenic. Nice, but probably not terribly likely...

Inspired by Andrea, we've been making a list of things to do over the next few weeks. So far, this is what we've come up with:

  • See Mamma Mia
  • Go to Camden Market
  • Go ice skating at the Guildford Spectrum
  • Walk up Charing Cross Road looking in all the bookshops
  • Spend Sophie's book token
  • Go camping
  • Go to the climbing gym
  • Revisit the National Gallery
  • Go see the treetop walkway at Kew Gardens
  • Spend a couple of days with my parents

    And I intend to work my way through the unread books on our shelves. On my list are:

  • Anna Karenina
  • Midnight's Children
  • Half of a Yellow Sun
  • A Thousand Secret Suns

    I'm reading Howard's End at the moment; am enjoying it very, very much.

    Have I mentioned that having all this time is sheer bliss?
  • 1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    good grief. . . that's pretty frightening. I simply adore biking.
    I'm looking forward to biking again
    :)
    A very clean and well ordered home brings so much peace, and sets a wonderful foundation for then going out and having fun.
    I want to see Mama Mia SO BADLY!!!
    >:)
    Can't wait for your next photo update :)
    happy summering!
    hannah