Site Meter

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Not enough hours in the day

I need an extra few hours in each day. Either that, or I need to be able to get by without sleeping. There's just not enough time to do everything that I want to, and I'm finding it frustrating.

It's been a good week, though. We celebrated our nineteenth wedding anniversary on Tuesday - which meant that on Tuesday I'd been married for half my life. And still in love ... amazing, really. We went to see Persepolis (story of an Iranian girl's coming of age, based on a graphic novel). We enjoyed it very much, though when we were describing it to the kids they looked progressively more and more horrified. Quote from Emily: "Black and white ... animated ... in French ... political... you do know you're describing my worst nightmare of a movie? Have fun!". We ate out afterwards, at a really nice tapas bar - it was a lovely evening.

We had a less romantic, though somewhat amusing experience the next evening, just as we were finishing up a longish bike ride. I was absolutely knackered, struggling up the last hill, and Bobby was encouraging me in a meant-to-be-helpful way that I, in my exhaustion, was finding profoundly annoying. So he had just said something along the lines of "Come on Ann, you're doing great, you can do this!" and I had wheezed, through gritted teeth "Just ... shut ... up" - and not in a joking way, more in a " I am seriously hating you right now, shut up and leave me alone" sort of way - when I noticed one of my colleagues walking along in the woods next to the path, plainly having just darted into the undergrowth so that he could pretend to be oblivious of our marital strife. So I pretended not to see him and he pretended not to see me and it was all very English.

Thinking of taking all the kids to see the new Audrey Tatou movie tomorrow - we need to celebrate the end of Steve and Em's exams, and it's Father's Day as well, so we thought we might lump everything together into one giant celebration...

Time for Doctor Who now!! Hope it's another good one, last week's was impressive.

3 comments:

Jo said...

ROTFLMAO!!! you wrote that so well! it was like i was there!

happy anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 19th annaversary. I don't know what your daughter was thinking that movie sounds wonderful!

madre-terra said...

Happy 19th! And still in love, you lucky woman.