Site Meter

Sunday, June 22, 2008





Given the baleful expression on the face of the youngest member of our multi-generational Ikea trip before we'd even set out, I did wonder if we were making a mistake in going - but as it turned out, the scowl was aimed purely at her brother (who was taking too long to get the picture taken) so our girls-only trip was highly successful. (In an "oops, strange how all those amazingly cheap things added up to such a lot of money in the end!" sort of way).

My parents spent last night with us. Here they are at breakfast this morning (not sure what they were finding so amusing) - and behind them you can see my beautiful Ikea cereal storer thingies. Is it wrong to enjoy plastic storage containers so much? The rest of the family answer a resounding "yes" to that...





There are pictures of my Friday night skittles do up on Facebook - didn't take any myself, or I'd post some here. It was fun - I much prefer skittles, with its wooden pick-them-back-up-yourself pins and its back-of-the-pub location, to noisy high-tech ten pin bowling. I'm getting really old though - hardly drank anything, and still felt a bit worse for wear yesterday morning...

4 comments:

elizabeth said...

It is SO wonderful to see pix of your folks. I have yet to go to an Ikea, that will likely change in the next year :)

That is some scowl - the girls (and you) are beautiful!

madre-terra said...

I noticed the scowl right away and was drawn in. Ah, the expressions saved for siblings!
You are the Ikea queen! I have never been. Either I am on an island and everytime we go to the mainland there are always more important things to do or I live in NY where there isn't one anywhere near me. Woe is me.
I do want to get though and pick out stuff for my new home.
Love seeing the picture of your folks. Now I feel like family.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about Ikea adding up. When I go with my sister we have this "competition". Who can get the most things and still come out cheaper.

It's not a formal thing, but we always compare notes, and I feel very accomplished when I win.

Anonymous said...

the scowl! Is indeed a good one!
:0)
YOu look marvelous. Healthy and radiant in your photos.
hannah