Site Meter

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Breakfast Blues

Me: Soph, you have to eat something for breakfast, you can't go to school on an empty stomach.
Sophie: I'm not hungry.
Me: Come on sweetie, I've cooked oats. If you don't fancy that there's yoghurt or apples or a banana. And there's strawberries.
Sophie: Yuck.
Me: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
Sophie: Hah. That's only what Kelloggs wants you to believe.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marketers! You can't trust them at all!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny.

But I am with Soph. I never eat breakfast. Never have.

Lisa said...

This sounds amazingly my daily conversation with my 6yo. He however does not blame Kelloggs, but feels instead that Hershey's should try Kelloggs marketing plan.

Anonymous said...

Oh don't I know that conversation far too well. I'm not sure what I’m going to do when the shops stop selling Hot Cross Buns, they have been my savoir this past two months.

Have a very Happy Easter Annalise.

Anonymous said...

"Saviour" is what I meant to type ... is that a religious faux pas?

madre-terra said...

Well isn't Miss Sophie just too smart for her britches!

Anonymous said...

:D
she's sharp. even on an empty stomach.

I don't know what it is, but children that age just don't want to eat breakfast! It's a battle here, too.
hannah