Site Meter

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

In yet another awful fashion reprise, some of the students (and one of the more youthful staff members) at college are wearing slightly modified versions of the atrocious bubble skirts that I remember from the late '80's. The horror.

However, it is just under a month to Christmas, so I'm excited! Our most recent set of house guests have left, giving us five days to sort ourselves out before Bobby's mum arrives on Monday. I just wish I had more time to do Christmassy things, but this year term only ends on the 21st. I am a bit outraged about that, because that means that this will be the first year ever that I've worked on my birthday (which is on the 20th). That, plus the fact that I have a follow-up appointment with the neurologist on the evening of the 20th (since I'm still dizzy) has made me decide to pretend that my birthday is on the 22nd this year, so I can have a proper celebration instead of a day of work followed by a doctor's appointment.

Better go wake Sophie, it's 7 already ... She's dreadful to get up in the mornings these days, I can't imagine what she'll be like when she's a teenager.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still Dizzy, that's no good. Could it be an ear thing? I had vertigo earlier this year and I had some meds to fix it.

Saturday's the day we will put up our trimmings, like you I love Christmas.

Lisa said...

I hope you get an answer soon. How come it takes so long to get the results from that MRI you had?

Annalise said...

I am assuming that the delay means there is nothing dire wrong; the hospital said they'd send a letter when the results had been typed up. But I presume (hope) someone has cast an eye over it... Just think, if you were here you wouldn't need to worry about possibly weaning Stephen, by the time you got your results he'd be at school already.

Anonymous said...

bubble skirts!!
ack!
but I saw these horrid shirts.
black with thin stripes (horizontal)
and turtle neck and high waist, then?
this big blousy skirty shirt part over the bodice. The result? I swear to you, they looked like vile maternity shirts. Dated and dreadful. I've been seeing them *everywhere*
They're wretched!
* * * *
no news is good news, eh?
hopeful.