Site Meter

Saturday, July 07, 2007

This past week...

Barbara Kingsolver was great. She seems like such an interesting person; and likeable too. We are now inspired to make a real effort to eat locally. We won't be eating much out of our own garden, though, as all we currently have are herbs and potatoes. We have planted some other things (peppers, marrows, eggplant) , but they've not yet got to the edible stage. And with our track record, it's entirely possible that they'll never get there.

Last night was good too. I went to a pub with work friends where we played skittles, which I guess must have been the fore-runner of ten pin bowling. Nine wooden skittles which you have to pick up yourself after they've been knocked down. It was fun, and it got more fun the more Pimms I drank.

Haven't done much today (aside from weed the vegetable patch). Bobby and Stephen drove all the way to North Wales today to do some climbing; got a call at 6pm to say they were at the top of the climb (it's a multi-pitch climb and probably quite dramatic) so I shudder to think what time they'll arrive home - I can't see them getting back before 1 or 2 in the morning. Wish I could have gone too but Emily's paper round makes it impossible for all of us to make an early Saturday-morning start, and, aside from that, I still don't feel very well.

Thogh I think I am finally starting to feel a bit better. Am having more blood tests done next week and have a referral to a neurologist; the doctor said that I'd probably be better by the time that came through but that she'd make it "just in case". Told a friend this and she said, encouragingly, "well, either better or dead".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

climbing in wales. . . *sigh* :)
also, I am sad to hear that you are still not feeling well. hope it clears up.