Site Meter

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

I was amazed this morning to walk into the Year 11 art class and find a bunch of organised, calm kids, quietly getting on with their work, soothing music playing in the background. Couldn't have been more different from yesterday's thuggish on-the-verge-of-anarchy Year 7's. So, a lovely start to the day, though I felt a bit as though I wasn't earning my paycheck - I was barely needed. The last two lessons of the day made up for that, though. I was supporting a Year 8 girl who (though I haven't yet seen her file) clearly has major anger issues. It took everything I had to keep her on task and relatively calm through maths and English. It was very satisfying to be able to help her, but all the same I'm hoping that she's not on my list when I finally receive my timetable.

No comments: