Site Meter

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Here are some pictures from this morning.

This is what you see if you walk to the end of our driveway and stand on the sidewalk. The shop with the dark-red wood trim is a bakery. If you walk right, past the bakery, there's also a fish-and-chip shop, a wine shop, a dress shop, a very expensive hairdresser, and a few others that escape me right now.

Speaking of the bakery, I am impressed with myself : I made cinammon rolls for the kids' tea yesterday afternoon, and they were absolutely delicious. Better than the bakery's. And infinitely cheaper. I don't know why I've always been afraid to bake with yeast.





Notice how narrow the roads are. It doesn't help that everyone has to park on the side of the road, because garages are a rarity here. The one way sign is just for the section of road that the blue car's turning into; the road where all the cars are parked is a two-way road. Makes for interesting driving. I walk straight up that road when I walk the girls to and from school. (Steve is too 15 to walk with me; he goes with his friends).

And this is another picture I took this foggy morning.





We always walk home through the park. It amazes me that we can get from an urban, traffic-filled environment to somewhere green and peaceful within five minutes.

No comments: