Site Meter

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Actually, 35 was a pretty good birthday.

Bobby is very good at birthdays and other celebrations. So he got up frighteningly early and cooked us all a very impressive breakfast, and then I got to open all my presents. There were lots of them and they were all perfect. Every year the same thing happens to Bobs : he buys gifts for my birthday and Christmas, and then he gets carried away and gives them all to me on my birthday. Which works out very well indeed for me.

So now I have a sweet little bonsai tree, a necklace (very pretty, they bought it from one of those arty little shops in St Augustine), some herbs (from Steve) which I need to plant outside tomorrow, some earrings (from Ems) , and a new chalk bag from Soph. Very cool.

After Bobby had gone to work, the rest of us went to see a movie. I normally love Jamie Lee Curtis, but not even she could redeem this scary ode to conformity and suburban android-ness. I don't know what she was thinking when she took the part. I found the movie interesting, though, in an anthropological-study sort of way, and I really wanted to pull it apart and dissect it with the kids over lunch. Only, Bobby's mum and dad absolutely loved it, so I had to hold my tongue for fear of spoiling it for them.

We all went out for dinner at Carrabba's in the evening. The food was very good, so was the wine, and the girls got a kick out of the piece of bread dough that they were given to shape and have baked.

So it was a good day.

Yesterday : a walk in a local state park, an hour at the playground, and an afternoon of playing with the neighbourhood kids.

And today it's onward to the grocery store for Christmas food. Wish me luck. I'll need it, since everyone wants to accompany me.

No comments: