Site Meter

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

One of the things I like about our new house is the master bathroom. It's big, and the bath fits two, and - best of all - there are his-and-hers basins. No more having to look at left-over beard bitties when I wash my face. What's not so nice, however, is the vast expanse of mirror in there. For the past few years, I've only been able to view myself from the waist up. Not even quite from the waist, actually. Upper torso and head, really. The new bathroom, though, has lots of big mirrors which actually let you see your entire body, not only from head to foot, but also from behind. I keep catching glimpses of myself from strange and unusual angles, and frankly, it's a little frightening. Not frightening enough to actually keep me away from the kids' Halloween candy, mind you. But definitely disturbing. Particularly when I realise that the rest of the world has always known that I look this way from behind. Of course it's true that most of the rest of the world only sees me clothed, which helps with the shock/horror factor. But still.

And speaking of seeing frightening things, we'll be watching the election with friends tonight. Not that I think we'll know who won for a while ...

No comments: