Site Meter

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Poor neglected blog

I used to really enjoy keeping this blog, and it was a great record of things we were doing and how I felt about them.

These days, though, I don't seem to have either the time or the inclination to update it.

Mum is very ill; the breast cancer that she had in 2004 has metastasised to her bones and pancreas. She has been in and out of hospital, and I have been spending as much time with her and dad as I can. I go up every weekend, which doesn't leave much time for other things, since I'm at work from 8.30 till 5 every day.

I can't write about most of what happens at work for obvious reason (student confidentiality; career prospects), and I don't really like to write too much about the children either, since they have all got to the age where they wouldn't like me sharing too much information about them on the internet.

So I'm not sure where this blog is going... On the one hand I hate to abandon it; on the other hand, maybe it doesn't fit into my life at the moment.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annalise, I am so sorry about your mother. I am going through the same with mine (hers started as uterine, not breast), so my heart really goes out to you.

zunzun said...

I'm so sorry about you mom...I always feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop w/ my mom's cancer (in 2008) and I can't imagine how difficult this all is...hang in there.

Unknown said...

Annalise, I am so sorry to hear about your mother's condition worsening. Sending you warm thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous said...

that is definitely what I was searching for, You have saved me alot of time

Lisa said...

So sorry to hear about your mom. (((Hugs))) to you and yours.

Unknown said...

So sorry about your mom. Spend as much time with her as you can.

About the blog. It is yours, you can do what you want, for now just leave it out there and write if you feel like it but don't feel guilty if you don't write or don't feel like it.

{{{{{{{{HUGS }}}}}}}}}}}}}

Karen

Anonymous said...

Today's bride to worry about numerous salmon or green [url=http://www.wdess.com/wedding-dresses_c1]Wedding Dresses 2013[/url] steak? D.J. live band? White sheath or princess prom dresses? However, until 1900, the bride is lucky if she knew her husband's name, she said, "I not only didn't, she chose her husband, but she would not choose her dress, her parents. They didn't spend a lot of time and funds on her behalf clothes, just to make her look great. To the contrary, they are more worried about and prosperity [url=http://www.wdess.com/special-occasion-dresses_c3]Special Occasion Dresses[/url], QUELLE surprise! T save large sums of dowry. Rhyme "something old, something new, something borrowed, blue, along with a silver sixpence in her shoe" came from the Victorian era. Traditionally, the "old stuff", is usually a happily married woman on the bride gently with garters. The "something" might be anything, but it's symbolic of the long run. The bride's family by her "something borrowed" to exhibit their love And "something blue" refers to the fidelity and commitment [url=http://www.wdess.com/a-line-wedding-dresses_c5]A line Wedding Dresses 2013[/url]. For instance, in ancient Israel bride was wearing a blue ribbon of their hair, symbolic of their loyalty.