Site Meter

Sunday, June 08, 2008

Beautiful day

The sun is shining and everything is in bloom. Bobby and I went for a long (well, at 15km, it was long for me, but gentle for him) bike ride before breakfast; it was gorgeous. We left before 7 - not bad for a Sunday morning! I took the picture below in a church yard; the grass was thick with daisies. I meant to take a picture of some of the buttercup-filled fields, but forgot...





I'm constantly amazed by way that this area has huge swathes of farmland and countryside that are completely invisible from the main roads. Seems like every time we go on a bike ride we discover new places. The picture below is of a public bridleway that crosses through some farmland.





When we got home the kids were all still fast asleep. Slugs. Bobby went flying this morning, and I worked on my assignment (not as hideous as it usually is, because I got a lot done during the course of last week.) This afternoon we went climbing (can you tell I get more energetic in the summer?) and we're about to get a bbq going. Right now, the kids are eating ice-cream, the sun is actually hot, the sky is bright blue, and the doves are cooing outside. (The doves are slightly scaring our cat by walking around the lawn in an intimidating manner... Our cat is not - how shall I put this - not the bravest kitty in the world.)

It's a beautiful day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Sunday morning bike ride sounds wonderful, I just can't drag myself out of my pj's untill I've had at least two coffies and by that time it's mid morning.

The daisies are so pretty, fields of green, oh how I envy you.

Have a great Sunday.

madre-terra said...

I love fields of flowers.
I'm envious that you get out and do so much.

Andrea Q said...

It sounds (and looks) like the perfect day!

Anonymous said...

goodness.
I am stunned with the photos.
SOmeone is an amazing photographer in your clan.
The flowers and fields. . . so very pretty.hannah