Site Meter

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

If you have children who go to school, do them a favour and make sure that when they leave they have some kind of writing implement in their bag.

And, if they have a cold, put some tissues in their pocket.

I can't count the number these past two weeks that I've heard a plaintive voice saying " Ma'am? (sniff) Do you (sniff) have a (sniff) pen I can (sniff) borrow?"

I feel very sorry for the boarders; poor things, they have to be literally at death's door before the school nurses will let them off school. So there are currently lots of pale sniffly miserable people in classes who really would be better off in bed. Just one of the reasons why I would never contemplate sending my child to any boarding school, no matter how wonderful its facilities or how great its reputation.

No comments: