Site Meter

Monday, January 16, 2006

I checked my email last night, right after I'd updated my blog, and found out that an Orlando friend has breast cancer. She's had a double mastectomy, and will start chemo soon.

Couldn't sleep last night. It is awful being far away from friends when things like this happen; it is so frustrating not to be able to offer any practical help.

I think there has got to be some kind of environmental cause for all these cancers. Seems like every time I turn around, someone else I know has been diagnosed. And these are people who have super-healthy diets, people who exercise and who don't smoke. I think it must be something that's all around us. Like car emissions, or something in ... I don't know. The paint on our walls. Or something in our carpets. Something that's acting as a trigger for people with a genetic pre-disposition for cancer.

No comments: