Site Meter

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Two phone calls today.

One from the practice manager, setting up times next week and the week after for me to do my training.

And one from the local school I interviewed at a few weeks ago - the one where they called at 11pm to say that I didn't get the job, but I'd come close? They want me to come in at 10 tomorrow to discuss a similar position there that's opening up in January.

There are two ways I could look at this. The first (sane) way is to think, huh, I already have a job, now this other, better, opportunity may be available, great, it's a win-win situation!

The second (neurotic) way goes something like this :

Ugh, another interview! What if they don't want me for this post either? Goodbye to any tiny remnants of self-esteem that I've managed to hold onto!
And what if they do want me?
How do I tell the doctors' practice? They'll hate me!
And what if I tell the doctors' practice I've found something else, and then the second job falls through, leaving me with no job, and we all end up destitute and homeless on the icy streets?
What then? Huh? Huh?

No comments: