Site Meter

Friday, June 03, 2005

I called our doctor's office this morning to set up an appointment for Stephen. After the receptionist had established his last name, first name, date of birth and insurance details, here's how the rest of the conversation went.

"And you still live on Sutton Avenue?"
"No, we've never lived on Sutton Avenue."
"But that's what I have here."
"Well, it's not our address. Never has been."
"It's on the screen in front of me."
"We don't live there."
"Who's Margarita?"
"I don't know."
"But she's listed here."
"I really think you're looking at details for another family."
"It's all right here in front of me."
"We have no family members named Margarita."

Silence from her end.
Silence from mine.

"Oh. Here it is. You're in Oviedo, right?"
"Yes."
"Now who was it who needed the appointment?"

No comments: