Site Meter

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

I'm having a can't-cope moment ; feeling totally overwhelmed by all the things I need to get done in the next three weeks.

I am slogging my way through all the chores in a slow-and-steady kind of way, but I am starting to wonder if I'm actually going to manage to get everything done. Bobby is focusing entirely on the camping trip we're supposed to be taking this weekend; he is currently obsessing about some new rope that he ordered with his Am-Ex points, and is terribly worried because it may not arrive in time. He sees nothing at all odd about this, and is not in the least bit open to the idea that his priorities may need re-arranging.

I am indulging in this little fantasy of sending the four of them off on this camping trip, while I remain here, in blissful solitude ... Don't think I'll actually do it, there'd be too many hurt feelings. But it is awfully tempting.

Stephen is very happy at the moment, though. He gets this week off school because he got straight A's, so he's exempt from the exams. He has bought a new deck for his skateboard, and is spending all his time practising various dangerous-looking manoevres. Sophie is happy too. She is pleased because the person who did her homeschool evaluation yesterday was extremely complimentary. Emily is rather embittered, as her exams aren't optional, so she has two more days of school. They're actually only half-days, but still, it irks her that she's still a prisoner while the S's are free.

No comments: