Site Meter

Thursday, October 14, 2004

Woke up this morning to discover that we had no power. Very last strawish.

Aside from the no morning tea issue, no power = no phone, since we only have a cordless phone, and I don't yet have a new cell phone. So I had to load the kids into the car so that I could drive to a payphone to order Em's growth hormone. They promised to have a shipment here tomorrow, so that's good ... No go on the free replacement though, and the cracked vial can't be used. The rep pointed out that there might be tiny glass fragments in there. Shudder. I did call the homeowner's insurance, but they said that it wouldn't be covered, and that even if it had been,we would have had to pay a $500 deductible. But still. I'd sooner have paid $500 than $600.

Once I'd got the phone calls out of the way, we headed off to see a production of Little House on the Prairie with the homeschool group. It was very good. Sometimes I feel myself turning into Ma, all dour and joyless ... I really try to fight it but it's hard not to get bogged down in stress and worry, especially on days like yesterday.

By the time we got home the power was back on, thank goodness.

And Bobby gets home tonight. I can't wait.

No comments: