The daylight savings change wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be, specially considering that Bobs and I stayed up till around 2am last night, and had to have the girls at RE by 9.30. I didn't feel any tireder than I usually do. I love the longer evenings that daylight savings brings ... summer evenings by the pool are gorgeous. Not that we're quite swimming yet : we are becoming very Floridian, and consequently refuse to immerse ourselves in water that's less than blood-heat. So, no swimming till next month.
This weekend was fairly busy, as usual, involving a YRUU con (Stephen), a climbing competition in Gainesville (Emily - should have been Steve as well, but he was at the con), and a birthday party (Sophie). Also church - our minister mentioned an interesting-sounding book, which I will try to check out of the library - and more climbing this afternoon. I'm feeling pretty good about my own climbing : I really deteriorated while Sophie's foot was in plaster this past month, because I barely climbed - I would sit and read with her while everyone else worked out. That, and not being able to go the Y, really affected my strength and fitness badly. But now, after only a week back at gym, and a few decent climbing sessions, I'm actually climbing slightly better than I did before. I'm hoping to keep on improving : it's such a great feeling, when I manage a route that used to be too hard for me.
I mentioned on the homeschool blog that we borrowed the Frontier House videos from the library ... well, we watched two episodes each night this weekend, and were absolutely riveted. I'd love to know, though, just how much the producers manipulated things ... We all agreed that, given the chance, we'd participate in a project like this. We really think our family would do a pretty good job. It would be so interesting to see if we're right!
A New Beginning
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment